Friday, April 18, 2008

First Day of Garage Sale Big Success. Sponsors Stunned.

In Bloomington-Normal garage sale season starts early and ends late. This Thursday, Friday, and Saturday the die-hard bargain hunters were up before six a.m. looking for the best deals at the first real weekend for these events. Luckily for us that meant that hordes of people who'd pent up their buying power all winter came out to my neighbor's garage to buy all my stuff. I took all of my nice, but unnecessary items over to this sale, and my other friend will have a sale of all my necessities like towels and dishes and the high chair after I leave. I made $100 today and we're going tomorrow, too. I love this town. Anyone want to get rid of some junk?

6 comments:

Don and Becky Larson said...

I'm so glad you made some money.Good luck tomorrow too. I remember loving to go to garage sales and find bargins. Love ya.

Tori said...

I have a lot of junk to get rid of. I may just have to have a garage sale of my own.

Dr. Genevieve Ford said...

The trick is not to buy new stuff after selling the old stuff!

Lesley said...

Horray! What a satisfying success.

I am so glad you are nearly done with grading! Wahooo! Wish I could don some mud and celebrate with you.

Katie said...

OOH lets do Les! We could all have a facial bubble bath party long distance (if not for modesty reasons if nothing else) to celebrate with Genny! Congrats Gen. wish I could come and clean and sort and buy your stuff too :)

Amelia said...

I'm glad you've been able to sell a lot of your stuff, that will make moving so much easier! When are you scheduled to leave Illinois?