Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Pet Store

Tanks swimming full of goldfish and cichlids. Cages chirruping with parakeets. Wood shavings scurrying with mice and white rats. Toss in one lop-eared bunny, two ferrets, and a whole van full of adopt-a-dogs and you get one happy baby. This afternoon I took Shannon to Petko (I'm going to spell it wrong so I don't get people googling this blog when they're looking for mealworms for their pet lizard.) It doesn't take much to make a good field trip for a baby. She was beyond excited. She couldn't sit still. She kept making fishy noises for me. (For everyone's information they pop their lips open and shut.) Her eyes grew two sizes today. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

What a fun adventure!

There is a pet store in our mall (what a great idea, huh? Buy a pair of jeans and bring home a puppy!) and they let you play in a little pen with some puppies. Scott and Ian (mostly Scott) were in heaven. Ian was way more captivated by the animals than I expected. Talk about a cheap thrill!

Tori said...

My kids love going to the pet store to look at the pets. It's nice cheap entertainment.