Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shannonisms

Shannon's vocabulary and comprehension are amazing to me. She surprises me on a regular basis. For example:

I had to wash her favorite stuffed animals, Dog and Bear, and they weren't quite done at bedtime. She was miserable and kept asking about them. Luckily they only went in the washer on the 4 minute pre-wash cycle and the dryer for 15 minutes on low. When I rushed them up to her crib, she was half asleep, lying on her stomach. She reached out both of her arms for her friends, one on each side, and said, "Bear! Dog! You came!"

This morning she woke up at 5:40 am and asked for milk. 'Milk, please!" she demanded. I explained that it was still dark and too early for milk. "How 'bout juice?" She countered.

Later we were outside and the dog was on a zipline barking at the neighbors. "Bailey!" she called, "Barking is not allowed!"

She also quotes from her favorite books and is able, thanks to The Letter Factory DVD and the Fishcer Prise ABC's game, identify letters and their sounds. We were reading The Bernstain's
B Book, which she has memorized, and she can now recognize "BAM!" She also knows "Toot! Toot!" from Tugga-tugga Tugboat. I love this job!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

"You came!" I love it. That is true friendship when Bear and Dog show up in your very moment of need. :)

My niece is such a smarty!

Dr. Genevieve Ford said...

As smart as my nephews!