We were having the missionaries over for dinner and a entire turkey dinner was spread out with buttered corn, buttered peas, buttered carrots, buttered mashed potatoes, Butterball turkey, and butter for the corn bread. (The people in this house like butter.) It was butyraceous (word of the day meaning "like butter.")
The best china was brought out, linen napkins were rolled, goblets sparkled, bread knives were aligned on bread plates, and the house was cleaned. The table looked posh.
Shannon ate dinner early so there would be more room at the table (plus, she was starving! All that preparation took too long!) When the guests arrived and were digging into their food, Shannon decided she was ready to go take a bath. So she started trying to take off her shirt. I wasn't too worried because clothing usually gets stuck on her head and her ankles, she was hidden by my corner of the table, and I was engrossed with the dark meat tenderizing on my fork. Unfortunately she figured out that she had to take her shoes off before she could get her pants off her ankles, and when I looked down again, she was bucker than buck naked. She'd even done the diaper. So I told her I would be saving this story for her wedding dinner. Then I gave in and gave her a bath.
Now we have a new family rule. "Don't strip in front of the missionaries."
Round One:
Shannon 1: Mommy 0
P. S. Yesterday she was playing with plastic birds and had two toucans. When she picked one up I did the instinctive Mom thing and named it for her, "Toucan!"
So she held it up and said, "One can!"
I'm so glad she's learning to count.
2 comments:
Oh kids...they're sooo cute!
Sounds like the fun is just gettin' funn-ier!!...Keep Smilin'!!
Life's Gr8!!
Oh -- I just found your blog. Great so far! Now I will go read some more. Do you mind if I put a link on mine?
Post a Comment