Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas in the Southwest

At my parents house for Christmas we had a great time pulling crackers, making a snowman, and building a gingerbread house. Shannon loved Grandma's hands-on Nativity set. (I hope Joseph will be found soon!)





For all those decorator types who will be dying to know our secret, we made our house from a kit.

Notice that the snowman has weedy eyes and arms. And he's a bit short. His life was beautiful, but tragically cut short by rain that night. Then a shovel decapitated and disemboweled him to make way for a clear driveway. Oh, the snowmanity! It was a glorious snowbound day!

3 comments:

Lacey Lu said...

Looks like ya'll had a good time! That's awesome that you got to go back there for Christmas...looks cold but fun...playin' in the snow..lol It's not like that here in VA or in GA-where we spent Christmas! lol We did get rain though! :-) our blogspots are "private" but if you'd like to see them, feel free to send me an email at lia86_04@hotmail and I'll add ya to the list. Keep Smilin'! Life's Gr8!!

Angela said...

Hi, Genny and family! You guys look great! Fun blog! I can't believe how big Shannon is getting. Looks like a fun Christmas. We'll catch up with you sometime, I hope! Take care!

Corinne said...

So, you didn't win the book giveaway, but shoot me an email if you want to get some info about how to get it cheaper, if you want :)