For Mother's Day this year Anthony bought me a car. Actually, it was a miraculous turn of events. His boss has been fixing up his car to sell: repairing little problems, getting new tires, and so on. But they couldn't sell it at first at blue book prices. So he dropped the price a bit. No, a lot! He offered it to Anthony for $1000. I'm not kidding. And the next day Anthony got a check for twice that much from one of his personal training clients, so the entire cost was covered. Amazing, yes? We've been borrowing a friend's car, but they're going to need it back in the next couple of weeks. The timing is miraculous,too.
Now we're seriously considering a road trip to Utah this summer. Apparently my new white Honda has a decked out stereo. Audio books, here I come!
But my favorite Mother's Day present wasn't the car, or the rose and chocolates from the Elder's Quorum at church. It was the rainbow colored macaroni necklace that my toddler made for me in her nursery class. She even decorated a paper bag with stickers and crayons to wrap it up. She was so proud of herself when she gave it to me. I was pretty thrilled myself.
6 comments:
I have to agree, Macaroni necklaces are the BEST! Happy Mother's day. Oh, and Cecily and I are now in the same ward FUN!
Yay, that is awesome!!! That is going to make such a huge difference for you guys! Happy Mother's day. :)
What a great day! Hooray for tender mercies! Love you guys.
If you end up doing the road trip, you are more than welcome to stay here with us. Or else plan to be there the same time as us.
Yea for a new car. I love the precious gifts our kids give us.
This year, the primary kids didn't sing for Mother's Day in our ward. Yeah--so bummed with it being Laney's first year in Sunbeams. But we got a new baby instead. Happy Mom's Day to me. If you come to UT, I want to see you!!!
Post a Comment