I asked Shannon what she learned about in Joy School on Friday and her reply surprised me. "Hitting," she said in a matter-of-fact, no-big-deal kind of way, without even looking up. Since I know that the lesson was supposed to be about hats, that they were going to try on hats, and that they planned to read CAPS FOR SALE, I naturally wanted more details. When I talked with the mom in charge this week, I found out that the two little boys in the group were so enthusiastic about playing with each other they'd had what amounted to a smackdown. They decided it was hilarious to whack each other. They took turns. One boy had three time outs (his mom was teaching).
I'm supposed to talk about babies, since most of the group is expecting and the kids are still young. I'm wondering if I'll have to talk about why we don't hit little babies. This is going to be interesting.
Any advice about keeping two year olds from playing whack-a-mole with each other's heads?
2 comments:
If you figure out how to teach that successfully, write a book. I guarantee that every coop will buy the book.
I figure at this point if there is no gushing blood or broken bones then we are good!
Post a Comment