Shannon has her daddy's memory.
I have a terrible memory, but my husband is excellent at remembering things. Today, Shannon proved she does, too. We got a book from the library last week called Clippety-Clop and she just "read" it to us tonight, almost word for word. I was stunned. She grinned as she recited the words to her speechless parents.
She is getting her 19th and 20th teeth now. Two bottom molars. Just in time for her upcoming second birthday.
She has had a couple of unpleasant dreams that woke her up recently. I heard her crying, "Grace took my bear away!" one morning and then the next morning she accused me, "Mommy, you drank all my milk from my Elmo cup." I was able to show her quickly that neither event had ever actually happened. This morning when she woke up she said, "Mommy, I want feed birds. Pleeease!" I'm not sure which birds she was talking about, but it was cute.
I love it when she is trying to get out of her crib. She says something new each time.
"Mommy, you need your shoes on!"
"Mommy!" No answer.
"Mommy!" No answer.
"Mommy?" Still no answer. Long pause.
"Daddy?"
"Wake up! Wake up!
She's been introducing herself to everyone she meets this week. "Hi. My name is Shannon." The security guards at the grocery store thought it was hilarious.
1 comment:
Those "old" pictures are adorable! Petting the goats must have been such a fun outing!
I love hearing what Shannon says! She is such an intelligent, social, sweet little girl. Thank you for providing me with such an awesome niece! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment